Thursday, April 5, 2007

Beckett and Dice-K's debuts

Well, we're roughly 10 minutes from Dice-K's debut... Don't know who decided this game should be at 2pm, but I've got my brand new radio ready to go to listen from work. Gotta say I'm pretty excited given last night's game. I don't have much time to write about it but Beckett looked good despite not having much control. He didn't get rattled while Lowell was making 2 errors behind him and in several cases he hung in there and got the outs he needed (going from 3-0 to striking that guy out was pretty sweet). I've got high hopes for him this season.

Quick thoughts:
  • Lowell's errors were a one time thing, they'll be a little less than half of his total for the season if he puts them out of his mind.
  • I'm liking this Ortiz, Ramirez, Drew combo already and Drew's catch in the outfield was NICELY done!
  • The pen did a hell of a job last night, let's hope they can keep it up.
  • The Pirates swept their opening series?!? Congrats!

No comments: