Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Welcome Home!!

It's been a few days since my last post, so let me jot down a few observations from the past few games before getting to today's game...

Daisuke obviously pitched a great game last week, as did his opponent Zack Greinke. It was little annoying how big a deal the announcers (at least on WEEI) kept making about Greinke's anxiety issues, but what can you do? One run (a home run), 10K's, 7IP, not a bad day for a guy who's never pitched in the US before.

The 2-0 loss to Texas in Wake's first start was a tough one to take. The team picked up right where it left off with the lack of run support for this guy. Let's hope they can turn that around in the next couple of starts he has.

Then there was the 8-4 loss the next day in Tavarez's first start... pretty much a messy game and I gave up on the boys a bit too early to even comment much on that one.

The 3-2 win in the last game of the series was, for me at least, the best game of the trip. Schilling looked SO much better than he did in his first start which was a relief. Papi's bat came back to life with 2 home runs and 3 RBIs, and after the pen almost blew the game Paps came in to save the day with 5 straight outs. Hell of a game guys!

I expect Beckett to have a decent game today and pick up the win. Seattle hasn't played in ages with all of their games in Cleveland getting snowed out, so they'll probably need a game or two to get warmed up again. There was a really nice ceremony before the game for the '67 team, kind of wish I could've seen that but maybe NESN will be replaying it tonight. Ahh, one more day until my first trip to Fenway since I was 8 years old... I can't wait!!

No comments: