Friday, May 11, 2007

How sweep it is!

Can't write for too long, but I wanted to get some thoughts written down before I have to run off to a meeting. Not that there's actually too much to say really... Sox beat the Jays for the third game in a row, 8-0, thus sweeping the series. All the runs came before the 5th inning, which didn't work out too well for me since I didn't get to even check the score until the 6th. Not a very interesting game after the 3rd inning really, after which it was 7-0. It's really interesting looking at some of the graphs they have over at FanGraphs because you can really see how interesting a game was just by looking at how the line swings back and forth between the two teams. I've been learning more about WPA, BRAA, etc and they're really quite interesting statistics. Maybe once I understand more I'll do a mini write up on them, if for no other reason but to drill the definitions into my head.

Props to Youk and Lowell for a kickass game last night. Oh, and as an aside, was anyone else as bothered by Papelbon's comments as I was?!?

No comments: